Sunday, January 24, 2016

Time To Bring Them Home

November 16, 2015

Kaibeto, Az

 
It was a good week in Kaibeto. We have a big storm coming in these next 2 days. I am excited for some more snow. This week has been one that has certainly gotten cold. Well this week we had interviews with President Adams. It was wonderful to talk about some of the things I had on my mind. One thing I asked about was my first area, Polacca. It was closed a transfer ago but is still closed. We talked about why it got closed and when it may open, at the beginning of this coming year. I also talked to him about the struggles that we are facing with finding people to teach, and he reminded me of something that he and I first discussed when we first met. We talked about Less-Actives and how we both love teaching them and helping them return to something that they already accepted once. I think that the church is really focusing on them now, especially in our mission. In my discussions with President Adams I learned of a new senior couple that is coming to the mission with an assignment of specifically working with the people who were on the Indian Placement Program. The wonderful Garden Project has changed too. The funding switched from Humanitarian Aid, to Church Welfare. This also came with an effort to have everyone who was involved with the Indian Placement Program to have a garden. There is also a new Key Indicator in our Mission, Less Actives at Church, they want to keep track of all of the people who are making their way back to the Fold of the Lamb of God. I believe that it is now time to bring them home, and to nourish them so we may see the Lamanites "Blossom as a Rose." This week also yielded some not so hot things for us. We had one of the elders in the Zone get food poisoning, that is never fun. The poor guy couldn't work, but even worse his poor companion...
Well thanks for everything.
Elder Warnick

Sunrise over Navajo Mountain

Definition of My Mission

In a Canyon

Me
 
Me and the Desert


Emery and Me

Me and the Hills

Me and Snow

Winter Desert

No comments:

Post a Comment