Sunday, December 14, 2014

Thanksgiving

December 1, 2014

Polacca, AZ

Everyone,

Well here is transfer news. I am staying in Polacca for at least 6 more weeks. Elder Hooton is headed to Farmington for the last 2 weeks of his mission so today is my last day with him. We are headed to Page today to drop him off, where he will go with another elder to Farmington. After that I am picking up an elder then driving back to Tuba City. Where we will stay the night where he will bed with his new companion, and I will have to wait in Tube for my companion to come in from Kayenta. His name is Elder Tippetts and he is serving in Kayenta. He's not going very far to come to Polacca, he is staying in the same stake. He's a good guy I know him already because we are in the same Zone. It seems like it is going to be a lot of fun.

We had a great Thanksgiving and even got a thanks giving gift from the mission... a new truck! It is a Charcoal 2013 Nissan Frontier. Now we can sneak up on people's houses because no one knows who we are now, except for the fact that we are 2 white guys dressed up really nice.

The work is moving forward again. We have 2 people on date to be baptized. One is a 12 year old boy who is really excited about everything, he also has ADHD and his mom (formerly less-active) tells us that the gospel is the only thing that he can actually focus on. I know that this is the Lord helping him on this path. The other person on date is Leroy. He is working hard to be baptized on by the end of this month. I am pretty confident that they will both make their dates, but I also know that the adversary will be working as hard as he can to prevent them from making it.

This was kind of a slow week so that's all that I have for now. Hope you all have a good week.

Love,
Elder Warnick

No comments:

Post a Comment