Sunday, June 14, 2015

Looking Up

May 11, 2015

Bluff, Utah
 
Hey everybody it has been a much better week than the last few. On Sunday we had a great Mother's Day program at church. We had the youngest mother give a talk on Motherhood and then we had the oldest mother speak then we had one of the men speak. They all gave wonderful talks and it was especially great to hear from the youngest mother because she is one of our recent converts here in Bluff, she was baptized in January. Actually that story is pretty remarkable. She was 9 months pregnant when she was baptized and the next day a Sunday she came to church in labor to be confirmed then went to the hospital immediately afterwards and had her little daughter.

This week were able to make contact with some of the wonderful people who we have been teaching who have been off the grid for a while. 2 of them are on date to be baptized in the coming weeks but we really need them to come to church. We also made contact with Dwane a great investigator who has been out of town because a family member died and was helping in another city. 

This week, yesterday actually, I got kicked out of a house. We went over to give a member a flower for Mother's Day and her husband, who is kind of having hard feelings against the church, was outside. We told him why we were there and he said make it quick. We went in and gave her the flower and were in there for 3 minutes when her husband came in and said "okay boys time to go" we got outside and he shut the door and trying to be nice (I could tell that he was angry) he said "your visiting privileges have just been revoked" I laughed then he looked me in the eyes and said "I'm not kidding when I say quick I mean quick, I don't want to see you again". Well so much for that...

I have been doing great this week and have been playing a lot of basketball lately. sadly it is with myself because I'm up and exercising at 6:30 but my companion is sound asleep until 7:20 when I'm out of the shower and dressed and I wake him up. That is kind of discouraging but at least I'm staying in shape and because of that I am feeling great.

Thanks for all of the prayers and the support. Have a great week.

Elder Dallin Warnick
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment