Sunday, August 9, 2015

FIRE!

August 3, 2015

Cortez, Colorado




A great week in Cortez. We have been super busy with all sorts of lessons and lots of service. Our investigators Paul and Shirley are doing great. We are very impressed with their progress and were impressed to move their baptismal date a week sooner. They are going to be interviewed this Saturday and baptized the next, yes they are the ones being baptized in the river. They have been learning a lot and have truly humbled themselves and have opened their hearts to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Last night we had another lesson with some more of our investigators Katrina and Larae. It has been a huge blessing to be able to teach them in a member's home Not only have the distractions disappeared but the spirit of love is so much more abundant there. We just  taught them part of the Plan of Salvation and that went very well considering how slowly we are moving through the lessons. It is not bad the pace that we are enjoying, actually I have enjoyed it much more personally, they just have some very good and very deep questions that I have had a lot of fun discussing. They are things like "Will the Earth be restored during the Resurrection?" It is pretty awesome. Everyone here is on FIRE! Well the other fire thing that happened is that when we at the Nursing Home visiting Bill a recent convert, the fire alarms went off and we had to help evacuate all of the old people. It ended up only being a drill but it was eerie in there. I hope that the attached video plays. I really am loving it here in Cortez but the longer I am here the more that I miss the Reservation but I know that I am where the Lord wants me at this time. Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment