Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cortez

June 29, 2015

Cortez, Colorado
Hello everyone! Well I am back to the white man world. Things are a lot different but a lot of it is good change. Here in Cortez we live in a members barn/shed it is pretty cool, there are only 2 ways to describe it one with the pictures and the other by the name it is known by mission wide "the Exalted Trailer". I would like to apologize and give you all my real address now. I messed up on the street...

14902 Road 29.75
Dolores CO 81323

So Cortez is pretty great, I do miss the Navajo aspect of things but here everything is a lot different. These are the biggest houses that I have seen for a long time. Normally I would be impressed with some of them but I am especially impressed after being on the Rez for 10 months. So things are doing great. Elder Castro is super fun. He was born in Mexico and then moved to Albuquerque when he was 5. He skipped the MTC but is still a great missionary. He's been out for 19 months. Elder Sessions loves music. Today we found out that we were both Frederick in Pirates. He is a great missionary and has been out for a year. 

So this week was very adventurous. We did some archery with one of our Ward Mission Leaders, Bro. McFarland, as well as helped him stack lots of hay. Oh we also helped him breed his donkey and one of his horses. We threw hatchets at Bro. Derrick's house, a member of the bishopric. We ate pig heart at the Edwards house for dinner. And we did a ton of service, lots of moving and we also helped insulate a garage. Well I guess my final impression of the week is that white people aren't so bad but hey we will see. Have a wonderful week.

Elder Dallin Warnick
Things I did this week:

Archery
Hatchets
Doc
Pig Heart!

My House

The Outside
Looking Up! (It's easy to see why it's called the "Exalted Trailer")

Inside (His bed is the middle one)

(pretty nice kitchen!)
Trains we live over

The Area


Ute Mountain
My Companions

Los Big Tres (Elder Castro, Elder Sessions, Elder Warnick)



No comments:

Post a Comment